You can also download individual forms in Word to allow you to fill them out.
Our procedures and processes represent our commitment to safeguarding put into practice. This Area Meeting is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Using good practice procedures and guidelines, following national legislation and regulations, and inter-agency procedures
- Safely appointing, training and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and adults at risk
- Supporting our Safeguarding Co-ordinators and Deputies in their work and in any action they take in order to protect children, young people, and adults at risk
- Practising effective risk-management in response to those that may pose a present risk to others
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and others affected.
- Understanding abuse and neglect
Other useful resources:
Thirtyone:eight equip organisations, churches, other faith groups, individuals and government with safeguarding tools to protect vulnerable people.
The Independent Enquiry into Child Sexual Abuse: Lessons for Religious Organisations – these are slides that were presented at a seminar for the Association of Church Accountant and Treasurers, but are not specifically about finance, and may be helpful for anyone in a pastoral role in a Quaker meeting.