Cathy Khurana (CEQ representative to Meeting for Sufferings) reports from the ‘residential’ meeting held by Zoom video conferencing 2nd – 4th October 2020.
This report covers discussion and discernment on:
- Sustainability and the climate crisis;
- Quaker Peace and Social Witness Central Committee Strategy;
- Britain Yearly meeting Trustees;
- Responding to Racism;
- Review of Quaker Stewardship Committee;
- Annual Report from Quaker committee for Christian and Interfaith Relations;
- Report form the book of discipline Revision Committee;
- Yearly Meeting 2020.
Meeting for Sufferings is the executive body of Britain Yearly Meeting. It is made up of representatives from each Area Meeting and meets regularly. It is responsible for decision making and administration for BYM between Yearly Meetings.