Central England Quakers is a group of Quaker Meetings within the Midlands: including the cities of Birmingham and Coventry, the Black Country, and the surrounding areas. Join us for Meeting for Worship, and to experience friendship and community.
Yearly Meeting 2024 – save the dates - Britain Yearly Meeting 2024 will take place in London over the weekend of 26–30 July. Yearly Meeting Agenda Committee explain this year's format, and applications are open now for Junior Yearly Meeting. The way in which Friends engage with Yearly… Continue Reading Quaker Listening Spaces - Alistair Heslop from Restoring Relations gives an update on recent Quaker listening Spaces, and upcoming opportunities to join a taster session. A Quaker Listening Space (QLS) is an opportunity for people to come together in a facilitated space to share… Continue Reading Tech Volunteer needed for March AM - We are looking for a volunteer to be the ‘tech person’ at the next Area Meeting to be held on Wednesday 20th March at 6pm at Hall Green Meeting House. They would need to bring their own laptop and be… Continue Reading Peer Support Zoom Sessions for Quaker Role Holders - These one-hour sessions are a space for Quaker Role-Holders to raise concerns, share experience and find solutions. They will be facilitated by the Quaker Local Development Workers for Yorkshire (Craig Barnett) and West Midlands & North-West (Hilary Topp). Click on… Continue Reading
See all our news
- Gaza Peace Pilgrimage 09/03/2024 at meet in Cathedral Square, Birmingham. Birmimgham to Shenstone – Friends are invited to join this ecumenical (and hopefully interfaith) Peace Pilgrimage. A one day pilgrimage, from Birmingham city centre to Shenstone, organised by local Christians including Quakers, in partnership with the international Gaza Ceasefire Pilgrimage Movement. We are also reaching out to other faith groups. We will start our…
- Safeguarding Training 13/03/2024 Online. – A 2 hour basic safeguarding awareness training session for any Central England Quakers in roles such as Clerk, Pastoral Friend, Elder, Safeguarding Lead, Meeting House Manager / warden or children’s meeting coordinator. People undertaking these Quaker roles should complete safeguarding training every 3 years. This will be very similar to the sessions which ran last year (in May / June 2023) and those who attended in 2023 do not need to repeat it.
- Bournville Lunchtime Concert 15/03/2024 at Bournville Quaker Meeting House, Bournville Birmingham. David Saint (organ) – Bournville Quakers invite you to a series of lunchtime concerts. Free admission - retiring collection Tea, coffee and biscuits available from midday - bring your own sandwiches / packed lunch If you would like to receive the concerts newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends' Cinema 16/03/2024 at Barnt Green & Redditch Quaker Meeting House, Barnt Green. Feelgood comedy drama set in Paris in 1931 – Barnt Green & Redditch Quakers invite you to join them at their monthly film showing. All welcome. This month: Feelgood comedy drama set in Paris in 1931. An orphan living in the walls of a train station gets wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton.…
- Area Meeting March 2024 20/03/2024 at Hall Green Quaker Meeting House, Hall Green, Birmingham. – Our Area Business Meeting is a special type of Meeting for Worship used to make decisions: from how Quakers spend our money, to adopting a Concern. Agenda items deadline 5th March. Any Member can attend these meetings and take part in decision making: if you are an attender and would…
See a list of all our events
View events in a calendar