06/08/2020, 4:30 pm - 5:30 pmat Online, streamed from Coventry Cathdral
Coventry Quaker Meeting and Coventry Lord Mayor’s Peace Committee welcome all to watch this interfaith service online.
August 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of nuclear bombs being dropped on the cities of Hiroshima & Nagasaki. This service will be streamed from the Chapel of Unity at Coventry Cathedral, to commemorate these terrible events, remember those who suffered, and renew our commitment to peace.
- Service Leader Manjit Kaur, Coventry Sikh Sangat
- Welcome by Councillor Ann Lucas, Lord Mayor of Coventry
- Reflection by the Ambassador of Japan on video by Mr Yasumasu Nagamine, Ambassador of the Embassy of Japan to the United Kingdom
- Presentation of certificate of friendship from Coventry to Hiroshima
- A cross of nails announcement from Ministry of Reconciliation, Coventry Cathedral to Hiroshima
- Antony Owen, Coventry-Hiroshima Poet
- Sadako’s Story and making Cranes of Peace
- Support Cardinal Newman Catholic School students and Coventry Young Ambassadors
Coventry Peace Committee welcomes donations. Could you help with a donation? Please contact our treasurer: Liam_phizacklea@outlook.com
Photo by Mike Lane: making peace cranes, as part of the service in 2017.
via Facebook Live streamed from Coventry Cathdral