Quaker Peace & Social Witness (QPSW) invite you to their Summer Series 2020 – Where our Witness is.
The Summer Series is an online series of workshops and seminars looking at the work QPSW (and key partner organisations) does with and on behalf of Friends to build a more peaceful, just and sustainable world. Sessions include climate justice, peace and disarmament, nonviolence success stories from East Africa, the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel, spiritual activism, and peace education and more.
All of the summer series sessions are open to everyone. However, to give you a better idea of what to expect, each session is marked as either ‘everyone welcome’ or ‘practitioner’ level.
- Everyone welcome sessions: you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience to take part – everyone is welcome.
- Practitioner sessions: will go into things in a bit more detail. Particularly suitable for Friends who are already involved or have some knowledge.
The Summer Series will be taking place on Zoom. A few days before the session/s you have signed up for, you will be emailed a Zoom link which will enable you to take part.
The workshops are:
- Quakers and climate justice: an introduction.
Thursday 28 May, 12.30-14.00. Everyone welcome.
- Testimonies in action – opportunities and leadings.
Tuesday 2 June, 10.30-12.00. Everyone welcome.
- Quakers and the peace movement: opportunities and challenges today. Thursday 11 June, 10.30-12.00. Everyone welcome.
- ‘Build Back Better’: It’s time for a new economy.
Tuesday 16 June, 12.30-14.00. Practitioner level.
- Conversations with Quaker activists – Esther Leighton and Sam Donaldson. Thursday 25 June, 10.30-12.00. Everyone welcome.
- Lessons from Kenyan peace activists – how to bring people together for change.
Tuesday 30 June, 14.00-15.30. Practitioner level.
- Lobbying for a better world.
Thursday 9 July, 12.30-14.00. Everyone welcome.
- Working for peace and justice in Palestine and Israel.
Tuesday 14 July, 14.00-15.30. Everyone welcome.
- Can we teach peace?
Thursday 24 July, 12.30-14.00. Everyone welcome.
- What does love require of me? Spiritual Activism in this moment.
Tuesday 28 July, 12:30-14.00. Practitioner level.
Full descriptions of each workshop are available in the booking form.