Pete Duckworth of Coventry Quaker Meeting is looking for Friends interested in starting a walking group:
I have just returned from Northumbria Area Meeting where there is a very successful Quaker walking group with differing Friends from various Meetings leading a monthly walk. I am keen to set up a similar group here.
To test the water I offer a walk local to me (Coventry) on Tuesday 11th June with the following format:
- A short circular walk abut 90 minutes duration
- Easy walking on clear path
- A 20 minute section of worshipful silent walking
- accessible start (this start is 5 minute walk from Tile Hill railway station on the London line from Birmingham New St and on several bus routes including 6,6a,18 & X1).
- Opportunity to meet Friends from other Meetings in a novel context
- Opportunity to eat together (on this occasion also Meeting for Beer)
This particular walk will be largely in urban woodland encountering Tile Hill Wood, Pig Wood and Plantshill Wood which features in the paintings of renowned artist George Shaw and in a poem by Black Country poet Liz Berry inspired by one of his paintings.
Please see the event page for details of timings, where to meet and to let me know if you expect to come. Also let me know if you would be willing to lead a walk at some future date.