Central England Quakers is a group of Quaker Meetings within the Midlands: including the cities of Birmingham and Coventry, the Black Country, and the surrounding areas. Join us for Meeting for Worship, and to experience freindship and community.
Resource: ‘Our Common Home’ Lent Guide - Update: new easy-to-read version now available. Apologies if you had difficulty printing out the previous version. 'Our common home: Caring for God’s creation study guide' is a Lent Course, written for churches to study in ecumenical groups during Lent 2018. Continue Reading Mindful Meditation - Quaker Howard Saunders offers a personal reflection on Mindlful Meditation, and offers and invitation to try it at Bournville Quaker Meeting House. I have been a Friend for forty years but it has only been since I began to Continue Reading
See all our news
- Quaker Panto Workshop 23/02/2018 - 25/02/2018 at Selly Oak Quaker Meeting House, Selly Oak, Birmingham. You are warmly invited to join this weekend-long workshop, in which participants will devise and then perform a Quaker Panto! Friends (aged 18+) who would fancy joining us for a weekend of theatre making and sheer ridiculousness would be very welcome. The pantomime will be a truly original retelling of…
- Quaker Panto Performance: Peter Pan 25/02/2018 at Selly Oak Quaker Meeting House, Selly Oak, Birmingham. You are invited you to a one-time-only Quaker event on Sunday 24th February - 'Peter Pan: A Quaker Pantomime'! Created in (less than!) 24 Hours by a group of Friends of all ages (18+) and abilities, the pantomime will be a truly original retelling of JM Barrie's classic tale, complete…
- Talk on Quaker Schools 28/02/2018 at Woodbrooke, Selly Oak, Birmingham. You are invited to this talk from Nigel Newton (an education reseacher at the University of Cardiff) on: 'Quaker schools and what they teach us about the importance of school culture to educational engagement & student well-being'.
- Creative Day at Northfield 03/03/2018 at Northfield Quaker Meeting House, Northfield, Birmingham. Quakers in Northfield invite you to join their monthly Creative Days. Drop in any time between 10am-4pm on the first Saturday of the Month. There is a bring and share lunch at 1pm.
- Exploring the Quaker Testimonies 14/03/2018 at Bournville Quaker Meeting House, Bournville Birmingham. A monthly discussion group for Quakers to explore and deepen our understanding of the fundamental principles central to Quakerism which we strive to honour in our daily lives.
See a list of all our events
View events in a calendar