Central England Quakers is a group of Quaker Meetings within the Midlands: including the cities of Birmingham and Coventry, the Black Country, and the surrounding areas. Join us for Meeting for Worship, and to experience freindship and community.
Remembrance for Peace - It's less than a month until the centenary of Armistice Day, marking the end of the First World War. During this period, Central England Quakers will be remembering all those who suffered in that war - soldiers on both sides, Continue Reading Green Lens photography project - A message from ecobirmingham (formerly Northfield Ecocentre) about a photography project for young people: Green Lens is a project that invites young people across Birmingham to voice the green issues that matter to them, locally or globally, through the medium Continue Reading Council of Christians & Jews Autumn Programme - The Council of Christians & Jews (Birmingham branch) have announced their autumn programme. Quakers are represented on the group, and the September event is of particular interest to Quakers: Thursday September 27th, 7.45 pm, Woodbrooke Quaker Studies Centre, International friendship Continue Reading
See all our news
- 'And the Beat Goes On...' 27/10/2018 at Sutton Coldfield Quaker Meeting House, Sutton Coldfield. Journeymen Theatre present 'And the Beat Goes On...' "Our new production charts over 300 years of Quaker Nonviolent Direct Action, from the early Abolitionists, through Quakers living in Nazi Germany and Jean Zaru in Palestine to Trident Ploughshares in the 21st century." The show is 70 minutes long. Recommended ages: 16+…
- Becoming Friends 30/10/2018 at Bull Street Quaker Meeting House, Birmingham. Becoming Friends will help you develop an understanding of Quakerism, while exploring your own journey and connection with Friends. Today's topic: Deep Roots and New Growth
- Creative Day at Northfield 03/11/2018 at Northfield Quaker Meeting House, Northfield, Birmingham. Quakers in Northfield invite you to join their monthly Creative Days. Drop in any time between 10am-4pm on the first Saturday of the Month. There is a bring and share lunch at 1pm.
- Selly Oak bonfire 04/11/2018 at Selly Oak QMH, Birminghmam. On Sunday 4th November there will be afternoon meeting for worship at 2.30 pm at Selly Oak meeting house. This will be followed by our bonfire and fireworks and a bring and share tea. All welcome!
- Continuing the dialogue: God, Words and Us 08/11/2018 at Edgbaston Quaker Meeting House, Birmingham. Building on the previous sessions on 'God, Words and Us', this evening’s event will give us the opportunity to continue exploring our own experiences and convictions. Open to all Members and Attenders in Central England Area Meeting. You do not need to have attended any of the previous sessions. Doors…
See a list of all our events
View events in a calendar