Central England Quakers is a group of Quaker Meetings within the Midlands: including the cities of Birmingham and Coventry, the Black Country, and the surrounding areas. Join us for Meeting for Worship, and to experience freindship and community.
Birmingham Churches Together Survey - A message from Hilary Johnson, who represents Quakers on Birmingham Churches Together: Please would Friends who attend a Meeting with a Birmingham Postcode complete this survey to help us to find out how Churches Together is working? Even if you Continue Reading
See all our news
- Getting to know you! An event for Local Meeting clerking teams 24/03/2018 at Bull St Quaker Meeting House, Birmingham. The co-clerks of Central England Quakers, Vic Grainger, Alison Ironside, and Cathy Khurana invite our Local Meeting Clerks, Co-clerks, Assistant clerks, Correspondence clerks to get together for a morning of getting to know each other, putting names to faces, exploring issues, asking questions and learning some of the mysteries of…
- The Bundle: an Asylum Seeker's Journey 24/03/2018 at Walsall Deaf People’s Centre, Walsall. A play by Journeymen Theatre based on the true story of a Chechen asylum-seeker. Presented by Walsall Quakers, Walsall TUC and Black Country Stand Up to Racism Based closely on the story of a real woman and her three young children, The Bundle follows Adilah’s domestic persecution and denial of…
- God, Words and Us 25/03/2018 at Coventry Quaker Meeting House, Coventry. **Note change of date** Part one of two study sessions exploring the book 'God, Words and Us', which looks at the words we use to describe our spiritual experiences. These sessions will be similar to to the one offered at Bull Street on February 17th. Join us fior the discussion…
- 'Palestine Today' with Richard Burden MP 29/03/2018 at Northfield Quaker Meeting House, Northfield, Birmingham. Northfield Quakers invite you to a discussion on 'Palestine Today', with Richard Burden: MP for Northfield and Chair of the Britain-Palestine All-Party Parliamentary Group. 7.15 pm doors open for light refreshments, 8 – 8.40 pm talk followed by questions
- Outdoor Meeting for Worship at Coventry 02/04/2018 at War Memorial Park, Coventry. Coventry Quakers will be holding an outdoor Meeting for Worship on the Easter Monday Bank Holiday. Silent worship will be held in the War Memorial Park, within sight of the monument. All welcome. Photo: Kevin Croucher Creative Commons BY-SA 2.0.
See a list of all our events
View events in a calendar