Family Event from children and Young People's Committee
22/09/2019, 10:30 am - 1:00 pmat Wyre Forest, Bewdley, near Kidderminster
An event for families in Central England Quakers.
The day will start with a short guided walk through the forest to the Nature Centre where we will spend some time looking at the exhibits and hold a short Meeting for Worship focussing on the forest and its flora and fauna. Meeting for Worship will be followed by a morning of activities for all the family, including camp fire and snacks, which will be led by Sarah Tawse*, a Countryside Ranger and Forest School Practitioner.
After the planned activities we will be free to picnic, or visit the café, enjoy forest walks, go Gruffalo orienteering (£1.50 for the guide), or take the Zog Activity Trail ( for little ones). You can also ride bikes around the forest trails (bring your own or hire bikes) or for the older and more adventurous you could Go-Ape – although this would require advance booking and is quite pricey.
- The car park costs £4 for the day.
- We will meet at the visitor centre Forest Café, which is situated by the car park, at
10.30 am to ensure that we can begin our walk through the forest at 10.45 am.
- There is no cost to you for the morning’s activities, but if you choose to do other
activities, as outlined above, you will need to meet the cost.
- Dogs are allowed in the forest but not in the Forest School Area. They should be kept on a lead. There are dog washing facilities available – rather like a car wash!
- Importantly: Children must be accompanied by an adult, and parents will be responsible for the well-being and safety of their own children.
Please contact Carole Pannell using the form below if you wish to come so that we can have some idea of numbers and ages ( so that activities can be tailored accordingly).
[contact-form to=”firstname.lastname@example.org” subject=”CEQ Family Day in the Wyre Forest”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” required=”1″][/contact-form]
*Sarah Tawse is a forest school practitioner with A Breath of Fresh Air – Outdoor Learning
For further details about The Wyre Forest, including Directions, Car Parking, Bike Hire & Go-Ape and other forest activities visit
Callow Hill, Bewdley, near Kidderminster DY14 9XQ