14/07/2018, 10:00 am - 4:00 pmat The Priory Rooms, Birmingham
Implementing the Christian imperative to care for our World
An ecumenical day of worship, speakers, workshops and conversations learning for each other and discovering action we can take individually and together.
Organised jointly by Birmingham Anglican Climate Action & Central England Quakers Low Carbon Commitment Forum, as part of the A Rocha Eco Church Project.
- Bishop David Atkinson – scientist, theologian and author of “Renewing the Face of the Earth: A theological and pastoral response to climate change”
- Paul Parker – Britain Yearly Meeting Recording Clerk: Quakers’ commitment to becoming a low carbon community and working for climate justice
- Rich Bee -Engagement Director at A Rocha UK: A Rocha’s vision of all churches caring for creation as an integral part of loving their neighbours and following God faithfully.
- A Rocha UK Eco Church Project
- Worship and teaching
- Community and global engagement
- Buildings and land – challenges and opportunities
- Engaging with politicians (led by Hope for the Future)
- Fossil fuel divestment campaigning
- Interfaith experience (led by Footsteps)
- Life styles and living sustainably
Cost: A donation of £10 donation towards, coffee, lunch and speaker expenses on the day.
The Priory Rooms
40 Bull Street Birmingham B4 6AF