21/03/2020, 10:00 am - 1:00 pmat Bull Street Quaker Meeting House, Birmingham
Sadly, due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 this event has been cancelled.
CEQ Safeguarding Officers, Carole Pannell and Sarah Fishpool will still be available via phone or email to answer any questions that you might have, and Sarah can advise you about DBS and the update service.
In the meantime, below are links to some excellent informative resources that might be of interest and help to you. If you have any questions or concerns arising from these resources, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
For guidance on all areas of safeguarding:
- Thirtyone:eight previously CCPAS: https://cte.org.uk/Groups/305210/Home/Contacts/Bodies_in_Association/Thirtyone_Eight_formerly/Thirtyone_Eight_formerly.aspx
- Social Care Institute for Excellence: https://www.scie.org.uk/safeguarding/
Children, social media and online sexual harassment:
- Social Media and Mental Health: https://youtu.be/xPYtg11LbLk
- Keeping Children Safe Online: Childnet International: https://www.childnet.com/
- National Crime Agencies CEOP: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Who-are-we/
- The danger of internet crazes: Read in The Washington Post: https://apple.news/Agx14NtXlT6iWHFlj-7Q7WQ
CEQ Safeguarding Officers, Carole Pannell and Sarah Fishpool, invite all Local Meeting Safeguarding Coordinators to this Meeting & Training Session focused on Safeguarding Children. (This follows the meeting last year focussed on safeguarding vulnerable adults). Programme Safeguarding Children – exploring the CEQ Policy issued in 2018; Safer Recruitment including DBS checks and the Update Service; Lunch & the opportunity to complete DBS checks (from 1pm). Who Should Attend? Local Meeting Safeguarding Coordinators Elders/Overseers/others involved with elderly or vulnerable Friends Children’s Committee Clerk/Members We would be pleased to welcome two attendees from each local meeting and happy to consider more. To book a place please contact: Sarah Fishpool – firstname.lastname@example.org Carole Pannell – email@example.com Please let us know your questions and what YOU would like to cover in this meeting!
Bull Street Quaker Meeting House
40 Bull Street Birmingham B4 6AF