Join us for Meeting for Worship:
The meeting closes at around 11.30 when two Friends shake hands. We then have coffee and tea. This is a social gathering and a good opportunity to find out more about Quakers. Everyone is welcome. Come with an open mind – you may already have a lot in common with us. Adjoining the meeting house is a community cafe that seeks to be of service to the local community.
Visit the Warwick Quakers website for more information.
We have an active and welcoming children’s group. Children share the meeting for worship for around 15 minutes, after which they continue their meeting in another room with creative activities.
Details of rooms available to hire are on the Warwick Quakers website. For enquiries about booking a room, contact the warden on 01926 497 732.
History of the Meeting House
When George Fox first visited Warwick in 1655, Quakers were meeting in their homes. The present site was bought from Edward Tustian in 1671. It had been used as a Quaker burial ground since 1660. A house stood on the site, thought to have been used as a meeting house, as in 1686 three Friends were appointed to have oversight of the repairing of the house.
The Great Fire of Warwick is thought to have begun to the south west of the present Meeting House on September 5th 1694. The wind blew the flames across the outbuildings and the Quaker House towards St Mary’s Church. Warwick Quakers immediately sought help from other Friends’ Meetings nearby to rebuild their Meeting House. The present building was completed in 1695.
39 High St
Warwick, CV34 4AX