Join us for Meeting for Worship:
Evening meeting is programmed.
The Sunday morning meeting is held in the silent, waiting worship tradition of the majority of Quaker meetings in Britain Yearly Meeting. The Sunday evening meeting offers an opportunity to worship to a programmed structure in a service led by a visiting speaker. This fellowship meeting continues to prosper from the days when Quakers appointed missioners to attend to and develop the worshipping needs of local people.
There is a children’s meeting on the third Sunday of each month at 10.30 in the school room.
The building is wheelchair accessible and fitted with an amplification system. Access from the road is via ramps with handrail or via the sloping drive to the car park.
See photos below for an idea of the rooms that are available. For enquiries about booking a room, contact the warden on 024 7639 6835.
Directions from the M42: Leave the M42 at junction 10 (signposted Tamworth, Nuneaton). Take 4th exit on island to Watling Street – A5 (signposted Nuneaton). Warning: beware of speed cameras. Keep following the A5 (and signs to Nuneaton) through Dordon, Grendon, Holly Lane, Atherstone and Mancetter. Turn right onto Woodford Lane (signposted Hartshill). Continue forward onto Atherstone Road and Castle Road into Hartshill. As you go up the hill, the Meeting House is near the top on the left.
Quaker History in the area
We have a modern Meeting House, built on the site of the school established by Nathaniel Newton, one of the first generation of Quakers. It is the Meeting House ‘just up the hill’ from Fenny Drayton (formerly Drayton-in-the-Clay), where George Fox was born and brought up. It is just across the road from Hartshill Hayes country park, where ‘Our George’, as he is known locally, tended sheep. This meeting is right in the heart of 1624 country – the area where Quakerism was conceived. See the special history website www.1624country.org.uk
Nuneaton, CV10 0SG