Quaker Week 2018 will run from Saturday 29 September to Sunday 7 October
In Central England, we already have details of these events happening as part of Quaker week:
- Harvest Home 2018 at Cotteridge – 29/09/2018 at Cotteridge Quaker Meeting House
- Sharing our Spiritual Experiences – 30/09/2018 at Coventry Quaker Meeting House
- Film Showing: Human Flow – 30/09/2018 at Kings Heath Quaker Meeting House
- Putting the ‘C’ into Community – 01/10/2018 at Cotteridge Quaker Meeting House
- Introduction to a Life as a Spiritual Journey – 02/10/2018 at Kings Heath Quaker Meeting House
- Performance: And The Beat Goes On... – 02/10/2018 at Warwick Quaker Meeting House
- Open Afternoon at Bournville – 05/10/2018 at Bournville Quaker Meeting House
- Spiritual Practice of Yajana – 05/10/2018 at Kings Heath Quaker Meeting House
- 'Let's All Worship Together' at Coventry – 07/10/2018 at Coventry Quaker Meeting House
- Open Gardens at Selly Oak – 07/10/2018 at Selly Oak Quaker Meeting House
If your meeting is planning something that hasn’t appeared here, please let us know: email@example.com
Friends House have announced:
This year’s theme for Quaker Week will be ‘Room for more’. Yearly Meeting Gathering 2017 encouraged us to “examine our own diversity” and in response the Quaker Week 2018 campaign has two key aims:
- to help local meetings in their commitment to genuine welcome; and
- to extend that welcome to enquirers from all backgrounds.
Sharing food is the central metaphor for the campaign, but it is also a useful practical approach. As Quakers we offer a table already rich with good things, but we recognise that it is incomplete. What’s missing from the table? How can we let people know that there’s a space for them? And that their presence and contribution enhances that space?
We want everyone to bring and share. There is room for more at the table, and we value everyone who might sit at it. Our gathering around that table enriches us all.